Upgrading Your Solar System
If you’re thinking of upgrading your Solar Power System you’ve come to the right place.
It’s important to get the right advice from outset to understand the Pro’s and Con’s of Solar Power System expansion. Luckily the trained Halcol Team are experts in expanding Solar Power Systems, we’re here to listen to your current situation, ask you all the right questions and after review talk you through the options available. Then if you decide if you’re still looking to expand your Solar Power System we can assist you to make the right decision for your home.
Have you got the high feeding tariff ?
Your old system could be under-performing, meaning you are not taking full advantage of your locked-in feed-in tariff. You can keep your high feed in tariff, and we can replace your solar with a new like for like system and you are still eligible for full government solar rebate. Alternatively Installing a new system and upgrading from 1.5kW to 6.6kW could potentially put $500 more in your pocket each year.
Your system is not covering your bills?
If you are not on the high feeding tariff, did you know you can add an additional system to your roof? And still be eligible for a second full government solar rebate, this could potentially save you $$$ out of pocket expenses each year with the rise electricity bills.
You can find QLD Government’s official Feed-In Tariff information here.
This is by no means the end of your Solar Power System expansion journey and we’re here to ensure that you avoid the pitfalls. Assuming that you current system is performing roughly as expected and does not require fixing or cleaning then here’s our System Expansion Pitfalls Checklist for you:
- Check you can keep your current Feed In Tariff when expanding your Solar Power System
- Check your Solar Power System size expansion is acceptable to your electricity network operator
- Check that your expansion plans will not mean you are exporting too much power to the electricity grid for little $ per kWh
- Check that your expansion plans are fully in accordance with the Clean Energy Council and industry-standard guidelines
- Check that the additional Solar Panels and hardware required for expansion are compatible with your current system and won’t void any existing warranties
- Check that the financial outcomes and analysis projections are sound and explain the Payback Period and Rate of Return on Investment
We’ll run through this checklist and more with you and provide you with a full quotation answering all of these questions and telling you:
- What rules and implications there are around your system upgrade and electricity network connection
- What changes may have to be made to the current system setup to and equipment to comply with industry standard
- Which additional Solar Panels and hardware will be used to expand your Solar Power System including warranty guarantees
- What your homes electricity consumption and grid export rations will be and how they’ll impact your electricity rates
- What the new projected energy performance figures and features of your expanded Solar Power System will be
- How much the Solar System Expansion will cost and what the Payback Period and Rate of Return on Investment will be
With ever-rising energy costs and your home’s increasing power consumption then upgrading your Solar Power System can ultimately make a lot of sense. If you would like to talk to us and find out about your expansion options then please call (07) 5438 8133 and ask for the solar upgrades team.