Careers – Open Positions
ELECTRICIANS / APPRENTICES / TRADES ASSISTANTS
Who are Halcol Energy?
Halcol Energy Pty Ltd an Electrical contracting company involved in the supply and installation of first class renewable energy products. The Directors have decades of experience in managing and running businesses both home and abroad. Our business has always been managed very prudently and is proud to be noted as always being a totally debt free company.
Halcol Energy are now reputed to be the largest solar installation company on the Sunshine Coast, servicing the entire South East of Queensland region. We thoroughly research our suppliers to only work with the finest, providing you with high quality products for your project. We only operate with world-class manufacturers, such as Canadian Solar for the supply of high quality Solar Panels.
Halcol Energy are currently involved with several large-scale Solar projects, including a local sports ground and factory installing 100 kilowatt systems, recognised as the largest solar installations on the Sunshine Coast. We have installed many commercial and residential Solar systems in the Queensland and NSW region. Always striving to be at the forefront of technology, already installing battery backup systems such as Tesla, LG and Sonnen, also expanding into the fast-growing Home automation section and energy monitoring.
Halcol Energy are constantly growing, creating, and modernising to provide clean and affordable energy solutions and coupled with our strong relationships with various companies both worldwide and at home, you can be confident knowing that we are at the forefront of the ever changing and expanding market, constantly monitoring the technology and new inventions to enable us to offer our customers the most up to date services and products.
As the business continues to expand there are multiple permanent opportunities for new members to join their team of industry experts. To be suitable for this role you will be an ambitious, self-motivated person who enjoys responsibility and diversity.
These permanent opportunities will see you service a broad range of customer’s needs including solar, air conditioning, electrical and communications installations, service and maintenance.
Halcol Energy is willing to train the right individual to give them further qualifications and opportunities
This position will see you undertaking duties such as:
- Solar and battery installations
- Power and lighting installations and upgrades;
- Preventative Maintenance across a range of commercial client contracts;
- Breakdown service, fault diagnoses, testing and commissioning;
- Ensure high quality workmanship while maintaining company standards, relevant safety and compliance documentation;
- Provide technical support to customers;
- Communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- A team player able to work alongside other trades people.
Remuneration will include a highly competitive package including a negotiated hourly rate, a fully maintained vehicle, Site Allowances, mobile phone, uniforms and more! There will be overtime available plus some weekend work as required.
This is a diverse role that will see you working both autonomously and in a team environment. The suitable candidate will demonstrate a friendly disposition along with experience across the commercial, construction and domestic sectors.
Our dream team player will also hold or be willing to obtain the following skills and attributes:
- Current QLD Electrical Licence
- Current QLD Manual Drivers Licence
- Construction Industry White Card
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Industry Standards, Safe Work Practices, and OHS&E Procedures.
- SUPER STAR can do attitude
- CEC Install Accreditation (preferred but training can be arranged)
- Excellent customer service
- Working at Heights Certificate
- Previous experience in the industry
- Air-conditioning qualifications/experience
- Communications qualifications/experience
- Solar/Battery qualifications/experience
- Well Presented, well-spoken and good customer skills
- High quality workmanship
- A reliable, honest, enthusiastic, and hardworking attitude
In return you will receive
- Work van
- Company uniforms
- Great salary package
- Ongoing training and support (we also have a training room)
- Great work environment
For the right candidate, we can offer a stable position in a strong, progressive company with the chance to travel. Remuneration is negotiable based on experience and proficiencies.
If you meet any of the above criteria, email firstname.lastname@example.org , attaching an up-to-date copy of your resume, with a tailored cover letter highlighting your relevant experience.